.

07 June 2008

Working on a story.

It's coming along, slowly. Today I set my alarm for 6 and got up around 7 (god I love hitting 'snooze') and then did some yoga and got writing. I had an idea of where to get going again from notes I made last night. A friend of Girl One spent the night and I heard the three of them get up around 8 and start playing "Play-Mo", as they call it when they play with Playmobil. I'm stricken with doubts about why I am doing this: what for, why, why bother, etc. What, you think it's worth something? As though it will ever get published? I don't know where these doubts come from but I've decided to make them the voice of Doubt Man. Doubt Man is a miniature wooden puppet. He looks somewhat like Pinocchio, especially around his little wooden joints. He's not particulary helpful, but sits on the edge of my desk, swinging his legs in the air, asking me those questions.

If I ignore him long enough, maybe he'll go away!

4 comments:

  1. Hello J-

    Do you think Doubt Man is anything like the coconut in Cast Away (movie)?

    -e

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, I didn't see that movie. Should I??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    made a mistake, was not a coconut, was a volleyball he named "wilson"

    -e

    ReplyDelete
  4. I realise that "ceci n'est pas une cuisine" but even so, confusing a coconut with a volleyball is slightly worrying.

    ReplyDelete