.

03 November 2008

Never too early

If there's one thing I learned when I turned 40, it's that it is never too early to plan one's birthday. Especially not when I caught up with my smitten kitchen posts this morning and saw pink lady cake. Normally I would choose to have Nigella Lawson's buttermilk birthday cake (from How to be a Domestic Goddess) because it is soooo good but that pink lady cake looks pretty yummy. In either of those cases, of course, I'm looking at baking my own cake. Which I don't really mind because then I know I'll like it. On the other hand, Martin once brought, to a party I had, a chocolate cake in the shape of a house. It was the best chocolate cake, maybe even the best cake period, that I've ever had from a bakery. Unfortunately Everaerts, at 120 Place Colonel Bremer, 1030 Brussels, does not have a "web presence" so I can't link you to it. I promise that if I should be so lucky as to be the birthday recipient of a house-shaped chocolate cake, I will post a photo.

2 comments:

  1. You now run the "risk" of getting more than one

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL... This is a risk I am willing to take!

    ReplyDelete