.

05 November 2008

OBAMA WINS

And, I think, with his win, we all win.

I'm 40 years old and for the first time in my life I've felt drawn into, and inspired by, a politician. I don't think I'm the only one. Obama has pulled off what neither Gore nor Kerry could do: bring large parts of the US together again.

I remember when I first started doubting that Hilary Clinton could win the White House (let alone the nomination as presidential candidate). I simply didn't think she was really any different from what came before. I felt -- and still feel -- charged by Obama and there's a great sense of optimism and possibility where there wasn't before. One commentator (can't remember who) was talking this morning about voting out of fear vs out of hope. The politics of hope have triumphed! There's work to be done as everyone knows but there's also this fantastic sense of

WE CAN.

1 comment:

  1. It's pretty unusual for an espresso cup to be half full. It's been a good year and getting better.

    ReplyDelete