.

03 February 2009

In which I give myself virtual dolphin stickers

Plunging back into writing something -- anything. The idea is to follow through on previously formed ideas. Last week, I decided which idea that would be (let's call it "The Golden Manuscript" story), and took a calendar -- yes, physically picked up a calendar and looked at days and weeks -- and planned out my course of action for the next 2 weeks.

Basically I have to submit a draft of something to my writers workshop around that time, so it's as good a time as any to use as a deadline.

In order to do that, I should write, per week, 300 words a day for 5 days (Mon-Fri) which equals 1500 words, n'importe quoi (anything. just write something). On Friday, try to synthesize the week's words, into scenes or connected paragraphs.

If I do that for 2 x 5 days, I should be have about 4000 words of rough draft.

I will post my stats each day... sort of the blog equivalent of a gold star or dolphin sticker.

So....

Monday: about 350 words, during Little Dancer's flute lesson



Tuesday (today, so far): about 150 words, on the bus to work


No comments:

Post a Comment