.

18 March 2009

All goddess bloggers wear traveling pants...

Oops I accidently published an early draft of this post. Read this one instead!

Perhaps you may have noticed that cool new image.... over there on the right. It is an Award -- my one and perhaps only award, nominated by Leila in an act of Sisterhoodiness (which does make it feel rather like a big old lovely cosy very-soft-from-age-and-many-washings sweatshirt). She nominated 10 sisters and likened them all to Greek goddess. I am thrilled to be Hestia (and also here, for those of you who would like to get to know your Greek goddesses better).

This award was created by Diana. As she says:
I've created a new blog award called the Sisterhood Award (inspired by The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants). This is a special award that should be given to your best bloggy girlfriend(s). Give them the award to thank them for their special friendship. No need to list favorites, addictions or what-not. You can even email them the award.
In The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, four girls acquire a pair of magical jeans that fit all four of them perfectly, even though they're all different shapes (that's one magical pair of jeans!). An unfortunate title for the British audience, there is a series of four books and at least two movies. Ironically enough, Daughter the Eldest happened to pick up a copy of the French translation of Traveling Pants the other day in the bookstore and said she might read it after she finishes the last of the Cherub series...

















Now, Leila has put some conditions on this sisterhoodythingy....

1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate at least 10 blogs which show great attitude and/or gratitude!
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award.


I can manage 1, 4, and 5 and 3, so far as there are any, but that brings me to 2: link to 10 girlfriendy blogs! I hang my head in shame.... I do not have 10 bloggy friends : (

HOWEVER in the spirit of the Traveling Pants, I would like to nominate two blogs that share the same title, yet are completely different in shape and size. Both suit me perfectly, and are among the handful of blogs I read immediately (or as close as I can get to immediately).

Therefore, without further ado, I nominate Emma, at Belgian Waffle, and Anne, at Belgianwaffle, and give you this:















Wear it proud.

2 comments:

  1. the common language lady maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. Yes, I will accept nominations! send me the link.... Maybe she will get a kick out of the pants

    ReplyDelete