I love lists. I looooooooove making lists. I'm sure there's a condition about this. If you know it, send me the name, I'll put it on my resume.
Famously I once told my BF, before he was my BF, that I didn't make lists. I didn't want him to think I was a nutcase, or incredibly anal-retentive, because I'm not. I just like lists. I find them comforting. I didn't think he would remember that little piece of information.
He already knows I make lists now. But maybe the rest of you don't. So in the interests of openness and honesty on the Internet, I'm coming clean today, with 7 lists -- LIVE!-- from my journal.
Ready? OK, here goes.
1. Shopping list from yesterday:
nuts to put on salad
white plastic garbage bags
tins of tomatoes
fruit juice in cartons
something quick for dinner
2. Food Diary (today, so far)
1 bowl of cornflakes
bowl of Greek yogurt spiked with strawberry Activia yogurt
3. Poems I Just Submitted to My Writers Workshop
Where do poems come from
Thoughts While Making Toast
4. Synonyms or Related Words for the Word 'Cut'
separate, divide, split
reap (reap what you sow)
suffer, suffering, sufferance
smart (you think you're so)
no heart. heartless
5. Various Facts About Paper Cuts
- thin, sharp paper slices the skin
- pain -- stings
- the cut smoothly parts the skin
- chemicals are in the paper (like bleach) that make it sting
- skin closes quickly but the fibers from the paper stay inside
- they don't bleed much because close up quickly ?
6. Writing-Related Sites I Want to Check Out Soon
7. Current School Waiting List Places Held by Eldest for September
- Athenée Charles Janssens: 16 (up from 29!)
- St Boniface: Only 2 in front of us now!
- Uccle I - holding steady at 80 (up from 162, expecting update at end of May)
- Notre-Dame des Champs (don't ask)
There. Feeling all listed-up? Feel free to share your own lists in the comments.