.

16 December 2009

Food again

It's been mostly about food for the past week or so. First there was the red velvet cake for Helsinki's class party. Then there was the rugelach for my office lunch. Then there were the dozen crêpes I promised for Clover's school's Marché de Noël. Enough. I went happily off to London for a whirlwind 24 hours with Lichfield, but returned to a bona fide cold snap which sent me down to the kitchen Monday morning to make a pot of chili -- this one, without the topping. And since Helsinki is having exams, I made her some potato pancakes to have with the chili for lunch. Then, while I was standing there frying, I couldn't resist adapting part of the grated potato so that I could try Smitten Kitchen's zucchini (courgette) latkes. Enough already! (But some seriously good latkes.)

1 comment:

  1. I wish you were here to cook for me! Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete