.

08 November 2010

Day 8: Rinse and repeat

Am up to 14 003 words. Tactics over the past few days:
  • Get up early.
  • Set the timer for 30 minutes.
  • Aim for 500 words.
  • Start timer. Start writing.
  • Stop writing when timer goes off.

Rinse and repeat.

Today it got hard so I played the third movement of Phillip Glass's third symphony as performed by the cello octet Conjunto Iberico (directed by Elias Arizcuren).





I wrote with the music. It's beautiful music. At one point I rocked back and forth with my head in hands. Then I took a deep breath, looked out the window, put my fingers back down on  the keyboard and started again.

This thing is endurance, sheer endurance.  Up until now the hardest things I've ever done were birthing two babies (one at a time, mind), and the bar exam. I'll let you know later how NaNoWriMo compares!


PS: an excellent riposte to an article criticizing NaNoWriMo, via Jane.

No comments:

Post a Comment