The tag was, tell 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about yourself.
I never do these things so I thought what the hell, why not.
I also tried to import this blog into FB, but it came through with tons of code, I think from using Word to get accents, etc because this blog programme is not exactly wonderful. Free, but inflexible and not amenable to foreign languages or poetic linebreaks. But I digress. Here is the list.
1. Fact: I ride my bike to work and lots of other places, without a helmet
2. Goal: to one day get a helmet
3. Fact: I am afraid to go fast down hills on my bike because I’m scared I won’t be able to stop
4. Random thing: The bike was given to me by Hilary who moved back to
5. Fact: I still cannot have a scale in the house because I’ll weigh myself obsessively (and maybe also compulsively)
6. Habit: coffee in the morning, tea in the afternoon
7. Habit: EastEnders (baaaaad habit)
8. Goal: to write at least one book (collection of stories or poems or a novel, I’m not particular at the moment)
9. Goal: to publish or have published that book and that it will sell and people will read it
10. Random thing: the movie that always cheers me up is “About A Boy”
11. Habit: I write in bed, it is the bliss of blisses
12. Random thing: I would like to reconcile belief in God with the facts of science
13. Goal: to do the pigeon pose in full splits variation
14. Fact: I did not read any Dickens until November 2008, when I finally read Bleak House
15. Goal: to learn Hebrew
16. Random thing: I have kept a journal pretty much since I was 12 years old
17. Fact: I am vain. There, I’ve admitted it
18. Habit: having several half-read books on the go, at any given time
19. Fact: Despite my best intentions, I remain financially challenged
20. Goal: If I ever make enough money, I want to make an endowment to the Royal Oak Public Library. It saved my life
21. Fact: I am caught in a procrastination-deadline-adrenaline cycle and maybe have been for the past 20 years
22. Habit: picking up big fat rubber bands from the sidewalk whenever I see them. Talk about embarrassing one’s offspring! However they are so useful
23. Random thing: When I was about 9 years old I made my family drive 400 miles out of the way during a trip through the western US, so that I could visit the Laura Ingalls Wilder House in
24. Fact: I am a late bloomer and guess what, it is worth it!
25. Goal: I would like to play something beautiful on the cello at least once before I die